Mr Ashish Rohatgi is a highly skilled and respected consultant upper gastrointestinal laparoscopic and general surgeon situated in London. He specializes in surgical procedures for oesophageal and gastric cancer, gallstones, gastric reflux, and hernias. Currently, he practices at the University College London Hospital and the Whipps Cross Hospital.
In addition to his expertise in biliary disease, Mr Rohatgi obtained his MBBS from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College in India in 1993. This significant achievement propelled him to successfully complete a FRCS at the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 2005.
During his specialist training and fellowship in upper gastrointestinal laparoscopic and general surgery in the South East Thames region, Mr Rohatgi worked in two prominent oesophagogastric cancer units. Throughout his training, he gained extensive experience in treating various oesophageal and gastric conditions, developing a notable interest in different types of resection for oesophagogastric cancer, which has established his reputation in the field today. Apart from his clinical responsibilities, Mr Rohatgi actively engages in research, with over 25 publications and presentations to his credit, further contributing to his esteemed medical career.
• Consultant upper gastrointestinal laparoscopic & general surgeon, private practices (present)
• Oesophageal cancer
• Gastric cancer surgery
• MBBS, Maulana Azad Medical College, India (1993)
• FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (2005)
Publications and conferences
• Singh KK, Rohatgi A, Rybinkina I, McCulloch P, Mudan S. Laparoscopic Gastrectomy for Gastric cancer- Early experience in the Elderly. Surg Endosc. 2008 Apr;22(4):1002-7.
• Rohatgi A, Forshaw MJ, Sutcliffe RP, Strauss DC, Mason RC. Training in Oesophageal Surgery– The Gold Standard ? Int J Surg. 2008 June; 6: 230-233.
1. Liverpool St Digestive Centre
A couple of minutes outside Liverpool St Station, this excellent facility is conveniently located for private gastroenterology consultations in London. This facility is open during the evenings making it an excellent choice for busy professionals.
23 Widegaste St, E17HP
2. The London Clinic
20 Devonshire Pl, Marylebone, W1G 6BW, Central London
3. The Holly Private Hospital
High Rd, IG9 5HX, Buckhurst Hill
4. The Wellington Hospital
Wellington Place, NW8 9SQ, Central London